Register to vote and be ready.
Register to Vote
• Online at scVotes.gov:You must have a S.C. driver’s license or an ID issued by the S.C. Department of Motor Vehicles (SCDMV) to register online AND the address on your license or ID must be your current physical address. • By Mail or In Person:Download a registration form at scVOTES.gov and return the completed form to your county voter registration and elections office, or you can register in person at the county office. You can also register at vote411.org, but you will need to print out the form and mail it in. You will need to enter the last four digits of your social security number. You can make corrections to the form prior to mailing it in.
Check Your Voter Registration Status
- If you are already registered, check your voter registration status at VOTE411.org.
- Verify your registration, and make sure all information is current and accurate.
- If you have moved or changed your name and your voter registration is not up to date, you must first update your address with SCDMV.
- Then complete an online registration form with your new address or name at VOTE411.org.
- If you prefer, download a “Change of Address” form at scVOTES.gov and send the completed form to your county voter registration and elections office or you can visit the office to make the changes in person.